A Blog to help all those moving to hectic Hanoi, wanting to learn about the culture in Vietnam or simply interested in the opinions of an adventurous expatriate teenager!

Sunday 22 April 2012

Trip advisor's top twenty


I'm working my way down the list of top 20 restaurants in Hanoi on the trip advisor website (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293924-Hanoi.html). In general this is a great website to find reviews for any country as so many people use it. On Friday night it was Madame Hien, although actually I think this is now no. 29, where I ate in the beautiful courtyard, which was very atmospheric. The only problem was that there were lots of tourists and this definitely meant the prices were higher than normal Vietnamese restaurants. I ate this amazing duck with delicious mushrooms followed by coffee and caramel ice cream. The only slight hitch was when they lost the bill, which is actually fairly common (maybe just to me, I'm not sure)…
Picture taken from the Trip Advisor website.

No comments: