A Blog to help all those moving to hectic Hanoi, wanting to learn about the culture in Vietnam or simply interested in the opinions of an adventurous expatriate teenager!

Sunday 8 January 2012

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is feeling rested enough now to return back to the workload which is right around the corner - tomorrow morning in my case BOOHOO (can you hear my crying).
I loved spending time with my family and friends over Christmas and I ate soooo much English food. One of the main things I noticed was the lack of rice: in 3 weeks I didn't eat any, just bread and potato.  Here's a picture of me and my cousin with my dad trying to leap in but just missing out.



Skiing in France for the first time was also really fun, and by the end of the week I was managing scary blues and skiing all the way off the mountain - with a few tumbles it must be said.


For Christmas I received a reindeer jumper which I loved so much I thought I may as well bring it back to Hanoi and I'm jolly glad I did since it is FREEZING here!

I also bought myself the Nike running app for I-pod which tracks how far you've run and what songs will make you go faster, so hopefully I will keep up with my resolution to actually go running (even though the thought of running in this weather makes me feel positively scared).

No comments: