I usually have long rants on every plane flight I go on about people annoying me, stress about being late for the plane and even worse having to put up with my own family for more than 14 hours. There's no direct flight at the moment to Hanoi from England so we always have to stop somewhere on the way like Bangkok or Seoul, this means that there are at least three airports to navigate through with my lack of a sense of direction. After many years experience flying to Asia here are my top ten items that you must carry!
ESSENTIAL ITEMS FOR A LONG HAUL FLIGHT:
- A pashmina/scarf - It can be used as a blanket when it gets cold or to try and block out the disgusting plane food odour.
- Blindfold- to block out light so you can get a good nights sleep.
- IPod + headphones - an endless source of entertainment an IPod or IPod means you can read a book, listen to music, watch a good movie or write to do lists (my personal favourite thing to do on the plane).
- Earplugs- To block out the noise of other people talking and the plane engines.
- A small bag with toothpaste, toothbrush - It's horrible to have that grimy teeth feeling , moisturizer - the air conditioning is very drying, and make-up so you look great at the other end.
- A snack such as crisps which fills you up when you're starving because you refused to eat any of the place food.
- Warm flight socks - there's nothing worse than cold feet.
- All your passports and documents in one clear plastic wallet so you don't have a panic thinking you've lost them.
- Comfy pyjama bottoms, hopefully there will be no one you know on the plane.
- Your own pillow so you can snuggle up without an aching back.
It is absolutely guaranteed that in my next post I will moan about the flight….