Technically called bubble tea this beverage is found all over Hanoi and it is AMAZING! Things that I love about it are:
- The bubbles remind me of black frogspawn or black pearls or something else mysterious and I love the feel of them.
- There are literally around 50 different flavours (I'm not exaggerating) including mint, chocolate and durian (bleugh!)
- There is a cool lid machine which seals the plastic to the cup and there's always an adorable character on the lid.
- They give you giant coloured straws and who doesn't love those!
- The place I go to is in the centre of town: perfect for quenching the thirst on a long excursion and I would never have gone and tried it myself (someone dragged me along and forced me to try).
I recommend everyone trying this Vietnamese drink as it's perfect any time of the year!